** ORDERS PLACED AFTER 7TH AUGUST WILL BE DISPATCHED AFTER 20TH AUGUST **
** ORDERS PLACED AFTER 7TH AUGUST WILL BE DISPATCHED AFTER 20TH AUGUST **
Cart 0

FAQs

What size are the prints?

All prints are A3 size - 297mm x 420mm (or 11-3/4 inches x 16-1/2inches). The printed area within the white border is approximately 260mm x 360mm (dimensions vary within 5mm either way depending on each print artwork style).

Please get in touch if you'd like a different size - all prints can be offered as A4, A2 or A1 digital reproductions, unframed.

 

How are they made?

I create all the original artwork digitally, working from my photos and sketches - aiming for a modern travel poster look in bright vibrant colours. 

All prints are printed by me here in the UK.  

I aim for a screen printed aesthetic in all original print designs, with 60% screen printed by hand by me. The other 40% are giclee digital prints which are carefully reproduced for longevity and colour preservation.

In the screen printing process, I produce one stencil per colour on silk screens. I start with the darkest colour ink, wait for that layer to dry and work my way up to the lightest colour.

Each completed print is then sign and numbered. 

 

What are they printed on?

The screen prints are hand printed onto 300gsm/140lbs smooth watercolour paper which is FSC certified, part sustainably sourced virgin wood pulp and part recycled paper. The FSC certification means the paper is sourced from forests that are responsibly managed and environmentally conscious.

The paper is acid free, archival quality and buffered to prevent deterioration of colour and to preserve the paper over time.

The giclee (digital) prints are printed on 300gsm museum grade archive paper - a fine art high quality paper that preserves the luminosity of the original artwork colours and preserves the longevity and lifespan of the art print.

 

What inks do you use? 

I use eco-friendly water-based acrylic inks for screen prints. For giclee prints the inks are fade-resistant dye-based inks.

 

What are the frames made of?

Frames made of fibreboard fronted with scratch resistant acrylic - this is lighter and safer than glass and 100% recyclable and comes with a protective film in transit. The frame comes with a PH-neutral mount which fits the A3 print within the aperture.

They are 40cm x 50cm in size (or to be strictly accurate 430mm x 530mm).

If you’d rather hang your picture in a frame without a mount, we recommend buying the unframed version and framing in an 30cm x 40cm (or A3 ) size frame.

White frames come as standard - black frames or wood colour frames can be requested.   

 

How do I hang a framed print?

The frames weigh 1.24 kg  so can be hung easily. We like to loop some string around the metal fastening attached to the back board of the frame which gives greater manoeuvrability when hanging on a nail in the wall.  Command strips can also be used - check the weight-bearing capacity for suitable sizes.

 

How are the prints packed? 

Unframed prints are packed and sent flat in biodegradable cellophane bags backed with mount board (pH neutral 1250 micron) or greyboard (recycled) and wrapped in a recyclable cardboard mailer.

Framed prints are sent in custom fit boxes, made of heavy duty, double-walled corrugated cardboard - this means the frames fit snugly and prevents movement in transit. Corner protectors are also fitted and a protective film for the front of the frame. All packaging used is 100% recyclable.

 

Do you offer wholesale? 

Yes, please contact me for wholesale enquiries.